Thursday, June 7, 2007

Faery Bride



i've been working on this one for 2 nights now... i'm thinking the problem with Laura and watercolour is the lack of patience. I have a really hard time letting things dry. i just want to get the next layer of paint in. Again, i think i could do a little more work in my backgrounds.

i could probably done/do some more to this painting to make it better, but i was afraid i would wreck is...as i was just getting more frustrated.

I really love the way the Faery turned out though. the dress, the bouquet, i'm happy - except for that left eye that i just couldn't fix.

This is actually very VERY similar to my wedding dress, i didn't really realize it until i had drawn the faery. and the picture i used as a reference is one that B-rad took of me on our honeymoon... so i called it 'waiting bride'.

I only hope i'll look back at this one someday and discover i've come a long way.

3 comments:

kate said...

I like the faery's expression - you did an amazing job on the dress.

Keep on painting!

i am the diva said...

thanks. i figure, it can only get better from here. i mean, i can't get any worse!!

:D

Melsie14 said...

definitely a faery look a like you from your wedding!! But I do love this pic! Can't wait to see you post some more!